Hellenic Oncology Nursing Society (HONS)
Hellenic Oncology Nurses Society HONS
The main goals of HONS are:
- The quality and holistic care of oncology patients and their families.
- Informing the general population about cancer and ways to prevent and diagnose it early.
- Continuous training of oncology nurses.
The most important tools for achieving the goals are:
- Collaboration with European and International Scientific Nursing Companies. HONS is an official member of the European Oncology Nursing Society (EONS) and the International Society of Nurses in Cancer Care (ISNCC).
- Continuing education programs. These programs cover specialized areas of nursing oncology, such as chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and radiotherapy.
- Cooperation with the Ministry of Health and the higher education institutions of our country, which certify all our educational activities and conferences.
- Collaboration with the Hellenic Oncologists Association of Greece, as well as with other scientific organizations active in the field of Oncology, such as the Hellenic Hematology Society, the Hellenic Society of Breast Surgery, the Hellenic Society of Head and Cervical Cancer.
- Collaborate with ΕΛΟΚ to find solutions and suggestions to effectively treat cancer patients and reduce system failures.
- Organization of Annual Nursing Oncology Symposiums.
- Writing and / or translating international guidelines.
- Informing Oncology Nurses through the periodical publication of a newsletter and announcements on social media.
- Participation in speeches, round tables, conferences and workshops throughout Greece.
- Strengthening the cooperation of Oncology Nurses in all hospitals in the country with the help of the consultants per hospital.
- Creation of working groups dealing with specialized clinical issues, research and education.